- PARTICIPANTS of the KRASNOYARSK FILM FESTIVAL PROJECT
Participants of the Krasnoyarsk International Film Festival Project are as follows:
- Film-and-Video Studio “Archipelago”
- Film Company “Kedry” (“Cedars”)
- Siberian Federal University (SFU)
- P. Astafiev State Pedagogical University of Krasnoyarsk
- Academician M.F. Reshetniov State Aero-astronaut University of Siberia.
2 . OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
The Festival Project defines its objective and tasks as follows:
- Presenting current films to the people of Krasnoyarsk city and region
- Strengthening cultural and business relationships among the film makers from various countries and regions of Russia
- Further development of film industry of Krasnoyarsk area
- Creation of modern film library in Krasnoyarsk region.
- LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
The Festival occurs in Krasnoyarsk city annually in October and lasts for four days.
- FESTIVAL ADMINISTRATION
The Festival administration includes the following offices:
- Board of Directors
- Selection Committee
- FILMS FOR COMPETITION
The following film genres are admitted for competition:
- Feature (30 minutes or more)
- Short feature (less than 30 minutes).
The films for Festival competition can be sent from all over the world; the films must be completed in 2014 or later but not earlier than 2014.
The working language of the Festival is Rusian.
- FESTIVAL PROGRAMS
The Festival will have the following programs:
- Competition program
- Out-of-competition programs: ecological, historical, ethnic-cultural, and others
- Round-table discussion about the role of cinema in modern society
- Creative meetings of the film directors and public.
- FESTIVAL OFFICIAL AWARDS:
- The Grand Prix
- Best Picture Award (diploma)
- Best Short Picture Award (diploma)
- Best Documentary Feature Award (diploma)
- Best Short Subject Award (diploma)
- Best Cinematography Award (diploma)
- Best Screenplay Award (diploma)
- Special Critics’ Award
The following cinema experts can participate in the festival:
- Film directors
- Independent producers and copyright holders of the films offered for the competition.
Both independent authors and copyright holders are informed about competition selections by publishing Competition Program in the Official Site of the Festival as well as by email sent to each person involved.
- COMPOSING COMPETITION PROGRAM
The Competition Program is composed by the Selection Committee and Board of Directors of the Festival.
The Selection Committee does not provide written or oral explanations of their decisions to the authors of films offered for selection.
The Board of Directors sets the date, time, and order of film demonstrations in the program.
- SUBMITTING PROPOSALS
The Selection Committee accepts only those films that had never been proposed for Festival competition.
Films proposed for the Festival competition must not contain any propaganda of violence, or national, racial or religious intolerance, or any abuse of humanity.
The Selection Committee does not accept any series. The Committee can admit for the competition only some individual films from a series that represent complete and independent of the series films.
To participate in the selection, it is necessary to send an online proposal filled out at the Festival site that includes the following:
- Address/link to the film copy (YouTube, Vimeo, Yandex Disc)
- Photo of the film director and a shot from the film in electronic format (JPEG, 300 ppi) toward being included in the Festival Catalog if selected.
- Film synopsis.
- Director’s biography and filmography.
Foreign language films must have Russian subtitles.
The proposals are accepted up to September 15, 2016.
Selection results are published on the site until October 5, 2016.
- PRESENTING FILM MATERIALS
Films included for the Competition Program must be presented in high quality, HD format via cloud storage (Yandex Disc, Cloud@Mail.ru, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
Claims and lawsuits by the third parties concerning copyrights and related rights are the responsibilities of legal offices or actual persons who presented the film under dispute to the Selection Committee.
Films selected for competition are automatically included in the КrаsМКF (Kras[noyarsk] I[nternational] F[ilm] F[estival]) cinematheque and will be available for non-commercial viewing by SFU students and general public.
The Board of Directors will have the right to use the film excerpts (not longer than 3 minutes) in special programs and Festival commercials. Same rights are assumed for broadcasting in the Internet.
- TERMS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE FESTIVAL
- The terms of activity of Festival participants and guests are stated in personal invitations.
- Any organizations or persons who wish to participate in the Festival as quests must inform the Board of Directors and reconcile with them the terms of their participation not later than September 28, 2016.
- The travel, dwelling, and food expenses are the responsibilities of organizations and persons.
- MASS MEDIA ACCREDITATION
The applications for mass media accreditation are accepted up to October 10, 2016. The application format is arbitrary.
- FESTIVAL CONTACTS
Board of Directors’ Phone: (391) 295-26-62.